Minimig Discussion Forum

Discussing the Open Source FPGA Amiga Project
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:22 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Looking for ram part numbers
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:56 pm 

I am revisiting the problems that I had with my DE-1 when I first got it as per this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=609

I am still having problems! Not so much with Minimig core, I think that is fine, though I have found some oddities like magazine cover disks that just crash and so on, for which I have no way to know if that is minimig problems, or problems with my DE-1. The bigger problem is that I seem to hit problems with my Flash & SRAM being different every time I come to look at a different project. It's just the nature of these boards having been around a long time now, and therefore some of the projects have been too.

Even after applying the termination settings to the sram that we know about from Terrasic, I am often finding cores still don't work. The latest is the rememotech core - and I will probably engage with the author in due course.

I am though seriously contemplating just swapping the RAM chips on my board. I would need to get in touch with Terrasic to find out if they were the only revision changes of course, but I'm thinking in the long run it might just be the simplest option!

So if people have a moment, could anyone with a setup that works, and works for multiple projects "out of the box" please report there chip details, if they're different to mine that I've listed below.

Thank you very much.

Martin.

-------------

SDRAM 8MB
ISSI
IS42S16400J-6TL
BGN650000DJ 1217

SRAM 512KB
ISSI
IS61WV25616EDBLL-10TLI
E4A898K4X3 1230

FLASH 4MB