it is time for an another release for the DE1 board and later hopefully for the others. I think it's best to test some things out first, so I'll post a few beta releases for anyone interested to try.
Here are the current changes for this release:
- the TG68K.c core memory accesses are slowed down a bit to hopefully allow bigger caches to work, I'll see if I can use MMrobinsonb5's cache implementation later on
- included updates to the TG68K.c core by Tobiflex, some games (like Lost Vikings) now work OK
- updated handling of joystick & mouse buttons to allow Asterix game to work
- the 'Amiga-side' serial port is now added on the DE1 board, I rewrote the serial core written by madeho to Verilog (allows 9bit serial mode)
- a fix for fastRAM handling when there is 0 fastRAM configured - fixes games like Wizkid & Stardust
- fixed floppy write error
- extended the OSD SPI protocol so it can handle more config data
- the OSD SPI protocol is now also used to upload the kickstart image
- added mouse movement emulation on keypad
- removed (non-working) ActionReplay, to be replaced with HRTmon later on
- + anything I forgot
There will be more changes before the proper rel6 release.
So if anyone is interested in testing this, I'd be grateful. A few things to consider though: because of the removal of 68k boot code, there is currently no boot screen until I come up with something to replace it. Don't be alarmed if all you see at boot is a black screen
I'd like the loading of different kickstart images to be tested, both by manually selecting the kickstart image, or by loading a config with a different kickstart than the current.
Oh, as always, keyboard mouse & joystick emulation is enabled with the NumLock key, the KP_SLASH & KP_STAR keys are mouse buttons, the numeric keypad is for mouse movement, the cursor keys are for joystick movement and the LCTRL and LALT keys are for joystick fire.
Please report if the kickstart has trouble loading, or any other problems you might encounter. Thanks!http://www.krajnc.org/files/minimig-de1 ... el6-b1.zip