Minimig Discussion Forum

Discussing the Open Source FPGA Amiga Project
It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:26 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pic firm. with SDHC, FAT16/32, Dir, HDD support for YQ091224
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:53 am 

If no-one has any left, I could get some fabricated. It'd cost 28 quid each if I only make 2, about 22 each if I make 4, less if I make more.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:55 pm 

Thanks for the offer, I will ask arround and perhaps some ppl. are interested.

I think you will be able to find this contact problem! Just check each conductor path from pad to pad, the broken one will appear. To fix a via, try enameled copper wire as to find in switching relay. If thin enough it will make its way through the via and is able to bridge the gap. Remember to sufficient heat-up those wire to melt its isolation.

Whish you luck in fixing Minimig!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:04 pm 

I have done this with all the vias on the PIC side of the board, around the FPGA etc. and it still nothing. I can't see any broken tracks either. I was wondering whether it's a set of power or ground vias but I can't really see that being an issue, as the FPGA works beautifully on its own... We shall see, I'll have to take an even closer look... The fault doesn't make much sense to me to be honest... I do not see any reason for the SD card to stop working.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:29 am 

Hi,

I was just wandering how many boards you would need to produce to reach price of 7 quid each?
Nusim was selling 2+1 boards for price of 22 quid in November of 2007. Anyway I'm asking because price for complete new minimig would be higher than buying one already assembled (but there goes fun of SMD soldering :) + despair when it doesn't work ).

So as boing4000 suggested we should probably setup thread to see if there are more people interested.
And there is also question how can we send you money? PayPal?

It would be nice to expand minimig to bigger fpga 24 bit video out/dvi etc but this kind of losing original Amiga spirit to get as much performance possible using existing hardware :)

Quille

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:30 am 

To get it down to that price you need about 50 in PCB Train. For such numbers it may well be worth checking other services, PCB Train is cheap for a few boards but others might be cheaper for > 10. I have PayPal so money transfers shouldn't be an issue. Would be worth starting a thread I guess.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:13 pm 

Quille:

Unfortunately the quality of Nusim boards was really crap.

I bought two Nusim boards - one of them was electronically faulty and had problems with the plate-through from Ground plane to vias on top side of board - although it said "electronically tested" on packaging.

The other board was Ok, but when I heated it up with a SMD rework station the pads started to lift!

I also bought a quality PCB from a German Ebay seller and that one is now my Minimig :-) (which I built myself).

I just ordered a few Minimig PCBs from PCBCart in China, and they do not charge me tooling costs if I want to order again. If anyone is interested maybe I can order a new round of PCBs. Price will be very low compared to typical European prices.

Ross..

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:32 pm 

Quote:
Unfortunately the quality of Nusim boards was really crap.

I bought two Nusim boards - one of them was electronically faulty and had problems with the plate-through from Ground plane to vias on top side of board - although it said "electronically tested" on packaging.

Uh oh! Yes, my board is a Nusim board.

I didn't have that much trouble soldering it, though, I only lifted a few pads when I desoldered the FPGA trying to find what the problem was, I reseated them and resoldered another one on successfully afterwards.

I suspect some vias that I have not yet soldered through have popped, the hole plating looked a tad dodgy to start with.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:08 pm 

Hi,

I was away for a while, started to work after hollidays and work piled up.
Quote:
I just ordered a few Minimig PCBs from PCBCart in China, and they do not charge me tooling costs if I want to order again. If anyone is interested maybe I can order a new round of PCBs. Price will be very low compared to typical European prices.

I was checking PCBCart a while a go and it looked to me like it would be cheaper but I didn't know what parameters I need to enter to get right quote for minimig pcb-s. Rossv, I would be interested in up to four boards depending on price and I can make you money transfer using paypal but let me know about postage costs since I'm in Zagreb, Croatia so this might be a bit expensive :)
I suspect Zardoz would be interested too for at least one board.

Since I have created account on PCB cart would you be willing to share here parameters for PCBCart quote because last time I tried I ended up with more than 100$ for 10 PCB-s.

I was planning to build myself at least one more Minimg just to have it around to play with. Since I'm not that good in electronics as you Rossv and Zardoz are I would never discover grounding problems on pcb or anything similar I would really like to have quality pcbs so I don't end up with non working minimig without hope for repair.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:33 am 

Hi quille,

Here are the parameters for PCBCart:

Material: FR4
Layers: 2
Material Details: Standard Tg 140C
Reorder Status *: --
Board Size (width) *: 120 mm
Board Size (height) *: 120 mm
Quantity *: 6 pcs
Different Design in Panel *: --
Route Process *: --
Thickness (Finished Board): 1.6 mm
Surface Finish: HASL -Hot Air Solder Leveling
Copper Weight (Finished): 35 um
Min. Tracing/Spacing: 0.20 mm
Min. Annular Ring: 0.30 mm
Smallest Holes: 0.40 mm
Holes Numbers: Under 300
Surface Mount: 2 sides
Soldermask: Both Sides
Peelable Soldermask: None
Soldermask Color: Blue
Matt Color (only add to Green or Black): None
Silkscreen Legend: 2 sides
Silkscreen Legend Color: White
Gold Fingers: No
Gold Fingers Chamfer: None
Slots in Board: No Slot in Board
Testing: Yes
UL Marking *: No
Date Code Marking *: No

The price for you to manufacture on a new account will include approximately $60 USD for tooling costs.

Since me and my friend already ordered PCBs we do not pay tooling costs anymore, and we can re-order for the cost of the PCB only, so it might be cheaper for me to re-order a bunch if people are interested. My first order of Minimig PCBs is due to arrive in a few days... Price of PCBs is very good, probably close to Nusim, except that the PCBs are much better quality hopefully. I use PCBCart a lot at my job, and so far their PCBs are excellent.

Price of postage from Australia to Croatia is very reasonable, you can check prices at http://www.austpost.com.au - because the PCBs are thin and light they can be sent as an airmail letter = cheaper postage :-).

I will send you a PM when they arrive if you are interested.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:12 pm 

Hi Rossv,

Thanks for PCBCart info, I'm still interested in boards, please send me PM when boards arive so we can agree on details.
I'm still interested :)

Quille

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next