Minimig Discussion Forum

Discussing the Open Source FPGA Amiga Project
It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:45 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Minimig FSB110410 FPGA core
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:08 pm 

Batman - The Movie now load by its own without freez/stall.
I will run a few more tests and when its also ok for other game/demo, the core will be released.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:26 pm 

@boing4000
Quote:
Batman - The Movie now load by its own without freez/stall.
I will run a few more tests and when its also ok for other game/demo, the core will be released.

Cool, thanks for all your hard work on the Minimig core.

Batman the move is not a bad game (probably the only good Movie basted game on the Amiga) and as it was the first game I ever sore running on an Amiga at
a friends house back when I had a 8bit ZX Spectrum 128K+ it always a game I come back to for a few games every now and again.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:52 pm 

Great, then only "THE DEEP" is left from the known incompatibilities. Have you looked about the music-problem in "GAUNTLET 3", which only work correct in Turbo-Mode. Maybe this also works now, i have not tested this anymore with newest Firmware.

By the way 8-) , I finished SILKWORM (as Heli) without "trainer-functions" and by playing alone. I finished it some times in the late 90`s without trainer, but in 2-player mode, together with a friend. ALONE is the first time. Thanks to the very-fast Minimig-Autofire. :P
And with the Jeep (thanks to the new Autofire-mode, which let the player move the cannon with longer button-pressing), i was killed in LEVEL 11, directly by fighting against the Endboss of the game. I will also finish it as JEEP in the next time, but this is more difficult than with Heli. On my normal A-500 (with the HxC) i also came to Level-11, with Competition-Pro-Autofire, though it`s a little bit slower then the Minimig-Autofire (but the fastest i saw on a real joystick until now). 8-)
SILKWORM is simply great (i like the Amiga-version even more than the Arcade-Version) and on the Minimig it makes the most fun, because with Turbo-Mode all slowdowns (when to much enemies on the screen) are gone.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:11 pm 

@boing4000: If you're releasing a new version, care to take a look at the VERY high-pitch sound that plagues every recent release?
It sounds all the time, from the moment it boots... it's less heard while playing a game or a module, but it's there anyway.
I've read it has to do with the GODS strange sound fixes, but this new high pitch sound is truly annoying and it feels as if my ears are being perforated :P (I can dismiulate it by turning down the volume, but it's there anyway)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:39 pm 

@gaula92
maybe my hearing as an 39yo is not that good any more... ;)
But I still can hear about 15KHz of kids mobile phone ring tone, if its set to middle/loud ring volume.

Minimig fix also "will" produce a 15KHz noise peek due to Gods error noise fix, but I could not detect such a noise even at FULL volume level on a HiFi amplifier. I will run a spectrum analyse again and take a look at its amplitude. If this really is annoying to you, I can build a core without this fix. Gods than again will have back its sound glitch!

PS: May I ask how old you are and what kind of sound system is connected to Minimig? :)

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 2:03 am 

I've just turned 30 last week, and my Minimig is connected to a pair of speakers. I have connected it to different audio outputs, souch as built-in speakers in my Samsung monitor, where it was less noticeable, and a Panasonic stereo system with wooden speakers where it's more noticeable. However, it's always there.
Just for comparision, it's like the noise in the old CRT TVs wich I could heard from my room whenever someone turned the TV even if it was in another room and with no volume at all.

No need for a special version if it will break GODS sound again, as it's one of my favorite Amiga games! :P

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 5:42 pm 

OK, then your age is not that different from mine... but I still can barely hear the 15KHz signal out of Minimig audio output at say "Kickstart hand screen".
Compared to this, the C= 1081 PAL monitor tube screen is squeaking very noticeable.

As far as I know, Jakub found a better solution to fix the sigma-delta modulation. In time this fix will be available and solve both Gods and 15KHz noise.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 8:19 pm 

Well, then I've another reason to come here often and wach for ideas and updates :) (as if being a computer-in-fpga obsessed man wouldn't be enough..)

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 2:51 pm 

Hi !

Can I use boing4000's new FPGA cores with the latest ARM firmware YQ100818 ?

Bye and thanks, Magic Sam

ARM controller rev 1.0
ARM Firmware YQ100818
FPGA core FSB120420

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 11:36 pm 

@magic_sam
Quote:
Can I use boing4000's new FPGA cores with the latest ARM firmware YQ100818 ?

Yes I am running it on my Minimig with ARM addon board myself :-)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next