Minimig Discussion Forum

Discussing the Open Source FPGA Amiga Project
It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:45 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Minimig FSB110410 FPGA core
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:45 pm 

Hello,

FPGA core FSB110410 provide new feature:

- V(H)POSW register now is readeable (fix for RSI slideshow)
- auto fire function is toggle able via capslock key:
-- caps-led off = auto fire only is active at KP-0 key or joystick fire button (default)
-- caps-led on = auto fire is active without pressed key/button, constant fire function at KP-0 key or joystick button
- floppy step sound buzzer is disabled in bootloader (no more wild noise)
- power led slightly dim at active Turbo mode while led is switched off (mode indicator... just 4 fun)

Sure all former feature and fix is present as well.

EDIT: This core works together with ARM/PIC 100818 firmware version.

Have fun :)

Attachments:
Minimig1_FSB110410.zip [93.06 KiB]
Downloaded 634 times
sources_FSB110410.tgz [104.13 KiB]
Downloaded 385 times

Post subject: Re: Minimig FSB110402 FPGA core
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:21 am 

AUTOFIRE is perfect now !!! :P That`s a good solution with the Caps-lock-key, BOING. Thanks for integrating this. So, now we have 6 different Autofire-Modes, GREAT !!!!! Everybody who loves Shooters can be completely satisfied now on the Minimig.

Now it`s possible to play all shooting-games in the same way, that a "COMPETITION PRO STAR"-Joystick can do it by it`s own. Permanent autofire with mega-shoot (by holding) or button-press-autofire. Even better, because the Fast-Autofire-mode is faster than the Comp Pro Autofire.

I really hope, that the next Firmware-release from Yaqube will have included all this improved features that you made now in the last weeks, BOING?

By the way, Toni Wilen mailed back, that he also integrated this PERMANENT-AUTOFIRE-MODE in the newest Win-UAE Beta-Version.
look here in the text: http://www.aep-emu.de/PNphpBB2-file-vie ... 16712.html

Great, now i am fully satisfied with this AUTOFIIIIIIIIRRRRREEEEEEE-thing !!! 8-)

Attachments:
Scott Callstriker.gif
Scott Callstriker.gif [ 30.38 KiB | Viewed 6091 times ]

Post subject: Re: Minimig FSB110410 FPGA core
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:34 am 

Thanks for positive response, I also enjoy the new function especially while playing Turrican.

Yaqube is very busy with the Replay board, still we inform each other about any chipset fix.
Sure I will add all personal feature again in a new YQ source release. Currently only ARM / PIC firmware would require some minor rework.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:37 pm 

Thanks as always for the update.

Compatibility seems to have come a long way since I first got my Minimig back before writing to adf images was supported, but even then a lot of games worked and it having an A500 with its floppy drive replaced with a SD card reader.

Any recommendations for good OCS/ECS demo's to try out now compatibility is much better?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:23 pm 

I dont know all demo title too, but usually the following one would be a good test:
> Kefrens - Desert Dream
> Crionics - Hardwired
> The Electronic Knights - Rampage
> Sanity - World Of Commodore, Arte
> Talent - QED
> Crionics - Megademo

All of them and more already work with YQ100818 FPGA release! (some adf out of i-net may be damaged)

My own fixes and additional function just affect a few game/demo title like:
> RoboCop2, Skidmarks2 (try different chipset [OCS/ECS] config)
> Unreal, Gods
> Trainer - Shadow of the Beast 1
> RSI - Hollywood Poker Slideshow
> Razor - Voyage (only partial fixed!)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:26 pm 

I think the compatibility of games is very close to 100% now and so many peoples tested so many games.

So testing Demos seems to be a good idea, to find the last uncompatible software now. I will start with this and give reports when finding things that don`t run correctly.

And i will soon write together in one thread, the last left things which dont run 100% at the moment and what needs to be fixed or improved, because this is now scattered over many threads and difficult to find. It`s not much things, than everything works like on a real Amiga.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:17 pm 

Thanks for the update. :-)

Now for a compatibility question, does any one know of an ADF version of Batman the Movie that works on this or any other Minimig firmware version? So far I have failed to find one :-(

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:47 pm 

Hello , just had time to test it and it's good!!
One thing i noticed is that when i change the memory settings , it's done in real time and minimig seems not liking that , in last one from Yagube , changes are ok after resetting the minimig , i prefer that , could you have a look to that please ?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:58 pm 

dwyloc wrote:
Now for a compatibility question, does any one know of an ADF version of Batman the Movie that works on this or any other Minimig firmware version? So far I have failed to find one :-(

Hm, it`s the first time that i tried this game on the Minimig and it seems like, we have the next non-loading game here. I also tried 6 different adf-versions now, without success. When more then 1 Floppy is activated i get an ILLEGAL-TRACK error and it hangs - when choosing only 1 Floppy it hangs after short loading without an error-message.

In Win-UAE this game only loads, when just 1 Floppy is used, otherwise it hangs. But on the Minimig it hangs also with 1 Floppy.

But DWYLOC, if you absolutely want to play this game on your Minimig, i think freezing the game in Win-UAE when the Batman-Picture comes, will work with the Action-Replay-Modul.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:17 pm 

lolafg wrote:
changes are ok after resetting the minimig , i prefer that , could you have a look to that please ?

The memory config changes instandly without reset. I made this for personal and debug reason (memory upgrade) but when its annoying at normal use, I will change it back like it was.

"Batman - The Movie" loader uses an illegal read at CIA write-only timer register and compare its output to a fixed value!

Edit: My analysis was not entirely right, Jakub made it more clear, thx :). I was a bit too weary the last few days.
I will try to fix whatever causes this in time.

A temporary fix would be to enter AR3 at this stall point and execute command: g dda <enter>