Minimig Discussion Forum

Discussing the Open Source FPGA Amiga Project
It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:45 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Minimig YQ100818 firmware
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:16 am 

I use the Linux snv console tool:
Code:
svn checkout http://minimig.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ minimig-read-only_YQ100818

Attached you may find the sources out of this command line.
(as usually, remove the .pdf file extension)

Attachments:
minimig-read-only_YB100818.rar.pdf [553.18 KiB]
Downloaded 300 times

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:49 am 

Thanks boing4000 !

boing4000 wrote:
I use the Linux snv console tool:
Code:
svn checkout http://minimig.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ minimig-read-only_YB100818

Attached you may find the sources out of this command line.
(as usually, remove the .pdf file extension)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:07 am 

I have Problem with the Action Replay and this FIRMWARE.
When I go to the Action Replay Menu (with CTRL + break) I become a black screen (I see not the Action Replay Screen!). When I put X + RETURN, the Action Replay Menu is close and I see the game screen.

I use the Action Replay Mk III v3.17 (1991)(Datel Electronics).rom ROM file for the Action Replay.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:59 pm 

Same problem also occur here nearly at random.
In this case you may type (blindly) the command rcolor to get default color value.

Its not really clear why this happen and not on every Minimig board at the same time.
Sometimes this effect of all black color appear after a re-compile of the same sources for so far unknown reason.

Did you also try my FPGA core version (SB100822), just to compare?
In any case this effect has nothing to do with the AR3.ROM file. I still use the same file as in the beginning, read out of a hardware module.

More info:
After some tests, the cause of all black color in AR3 seems caused by active Turbo mode of Minimig after initial PGM RESET or power-up.
Please save the state of "CPU: normal" in OSD and try again. At least the problem is gone over here. The Turbo mode now is easy
to enable by using l-ctrl + l-alt + "keypad +" combination.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:30 pm 

@yaqube, will you release pic firmware for leatest core :?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:49 am 

boing4000 wrote:
Its not really clear why this happen and not on every Minimig board at the same time.
Sometimes this effect of all black color appear after a re-compile of the same sources for so far unknown reason.

When I load Kickstart V2.04 as standard Kickstart ROM (FILE NAME kick.rom) then I have a black screen with the Action Replay. When I use the rekick function and load Kickstart V1.3, I have not a black screen and I see the Action Replay screen.

When I load Kickstart V1.3 on power-on as standard Kickstart, I have no black screen.

Quote:
In any case this effect has nothing to do with the AR3.ROM file. I still use the same file as in the beginning, read out of a hardware module.

Where can I download this Version of the Firmware? I need the files minimig.bin and for the ARM Board of my Minimig (not the Verilog Source Code!).

Quote:
More info:
After some tests, the cause of all black color in AR3 seems caused by active Turbo mode of Minimig after initial PGM RESET or power-up.
Please save the state of "CPU: normal" in OSD and try again. At least the problem is gone over here. The Turbo mode now is easy
to enable by using l-ctrl + l-alt + "keypad +" combination.

I use not the Turbo mode.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:47 am 

When I was beta testing a minimig release (April 2009), I remember encountering this issue. It was kickstart version dependent... Solution is to blindly type rcolor.

Most probably a real amiga would behave the same way. I did not try on WinUAE, but wouldn't be surprised if behaviour is the same.

Cheers,
Edwin

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
self-built minimig 1.1 :: 10ns SRAM :: 3.5MB RAM :: ARM board

VGA -> SCART cables currently out of stock - PM me for info

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:58 pm 

abcde wrote:
When I load Kickstart V2.04 as standard Kickstart ROM (FILE NAME kick.rom) then I have a black screen with the Action Replay. When I use the rekick function and load Kickstart V1.3, I have not a black screen and I see the Action Replay screen.

When I load Kickstart V1.3 on power-on as standard Kickstart, I have no black screen.

Thanks for the info and I can confirm this behavior on my Minimig too, no matter which FPGA core is used.
This has to be caused by the AR3 "firmware" in combination with Kickstart 2.0x and even 3.x! I will check this out on real Amiga500 asap.

Still in some cases this black screen also appear using kickstart 1.3 right after power-up every time. Then a recompile of the core mostly solve the problem.

Quote:
Quote:

Where can I download this Version of the Firmware? I need the files minimig.bin and for the ARM Board of my Minimig (not the Verilog Source Code!).

Please klick on the SB100822 letters in my quoting above, its a direct link to the FPGA (Minimig1.bin) file release. You may ignore the included sources.
The matching ARM firmware still is AYB100818!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:36 pm 

boing4000 wrote:
abcde wrote:

Thanks for the info and I can confirm this behavior on my Minimig too, no matter which FPGA core is used.
This has to be caused by the AR3 "firmware" in combination with Kickstart 2.0x and even 3.x! I will check this out on real Amiga500 asap.

Still in some cases this black screen also appear using kickstart 1.3 right after power-up every time. Then a recompile of the core mostly solve the problem.

The Action Replay has no Black Screen on Kickstart V2.04, when I load the Kickstart V2.04 ROM via the rekick function.

Quote:

Please klick on the SB100822 letters in my quoting above, its a direct link to the FPGA (Minimig1.bin) file release. You may ignore the included sources.
The ARM formware need no update, you still can use AYB100818!

I have no difference find of the Firmwares with the Problems with Action Replay.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:56 pm 

abcde wrote:
The Action Replay has no Black Screen on Kickstart V2.04, when I load the Kickstart V2.04 ROM via the rekick function.

I have no difference find of the Firmwares with the Problems with Action Replay.

The problem clearly is in the initial use of Kickstart 2.04 or higher in Minimig.
Real A500 with same rom version show normal color in AR3.

Nevertheless this is just a minor glitch and can be overcome by typing "rcolor" or reload of the Kickstart image.

Anyway we can be happy to use this Action Replay function in Minimig at all, even with >7.09MHz cpu speed and all known Kickstart version. In real hardware this module only works up to Kick 2.04 and dont like any kind of turbo-board.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next