Minimig Discussion Forum

Discussing the Open Source FPGA Amiga Project
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:10 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: POWER ON, NO DISPLAY
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:10 am 

So did you get any of the minimig cores working on your C-One?

As I am very interested in the C-One as possible replacement for an A1200 Tower setup at some point in the future I would love to see a review of some form.

My minimig and new sam440 are plenty to keep me busy for now the C-One looks like it maybe my next must have Amiga project with just a little more polishing if
the advertised features work.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:11 am 

dwyloc wrote:
So did you get any of the minimig cores working on your C-One?

As I am very interested in the C-One as possible replacement for an A1200 Tower setup at some point in the future I would love to see a review of some form.

My minimig and new sam440 are plenty to keep me busy for now the C-One looks like it maybe my next must have Amiga project with just a little more polishing if
the advertised features work.

Hi,

Well I've got the VIC-20 and C64 cores working fine and I even have my Simons BASIC cartridge and CBM1571 floppy connected too.

However, I cannot get my Minimig cores to work past the initial blue boot screen.

I'm informed that a new core is in the pipeline again that might fix the problem, so I'm currently waiting to see how it progresses.

If you're thinking of buying a C-One then remember that all C-One owners are "Betatesters" and that there are still issues between the boards, RAM modules, PSUs, etc. If you want a Minimig that works out of the box then get a Minimig v1.1, however if you also have an interest in the VIC-20, C64 and AMiga plus you don't mind a little frustration then consider the C-One.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:56 pm 

Darrin wrote:
If you want a Minimig that works out of the box then get a Minimig v1.1, however if you also have an interest in the VIC-20, C64 and AMiga plus you don't mind a little frustration then consider the C-One.

I already have a minimig 1.1 which I am very happy with, thats why I am interested in the additional RAM and other connectors the C-One has to offer as an Amiga clone with 10MB of RAM and the possibility of connecting real Amiga hard disks the C-One has a lot to offer.

As I have just taken delivery of a new sam440ep to run OS4 on and have spent my toys budget for now it would be a number of months before I could really think about buying a C-One.

For me the minimig is a nice small system I can take round to friends or setup for a few quick multi player games to help fill a few hour on a wet Weekend, the C-One would be a full blown retro computer to use my old Amiga software as well as games and find out what I missed with the C64 when I jumped from my Spectrum to and Amiga A500.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:06 pm 

dwyloc wrote:
I already have a minimig 1.1 which I am very happy with, thats why I am interested in the additional RAM and other connectors the C-One has to offer as an Amiga clone with 10MB of RAM and the possibility of connecting real Amiga hard disks the C-One has a lot to offer.

As I have just taken delivery of a new sam440ep to run OS4 on and have spent my toys budget for now it would be a number of months before I could really think about buying a C-One.

For me the minimig is a nice small system I can take round to friends or setup for a few quick multi player games to help fill a few hour on a wet Weekend, the C-One would be a full blown retro computer to use my old Amiga software as well as games and find out what I missed with the C64 when I jumped from my Spectrum to and Amiga A500.

Those are my thoughts exactly. I don't see my C-One replacing my Minimig, but more like complementing it. Hopefully once all the bugs are ironed out it will be a great machine to have. So far the C-64 side is working well and I've already shelved my C128. I do need to yank the SID chip from my damaged C64 and insert it in the C-One though.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:21 pm 

@Darrin

Still no luck?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:05 pm 

redrumloa wrote:
@Darrin

Still no luck?

Still waiting on the new core. I hear on teh grapevine that the problem seems to be located and that it is core related rather than hardware so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I've only got 1 more week before I head back to Brazil so I'm hoping it appears soon. :-)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:56 pm 

Darrin wrote:
redrumloa wrote:
@Darrin

Still no luck?

Still waiting on the new core. I hear on teh grapevine that the problem seems to be located and that it is core related rather than hardware so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I've only got 1 more week before I head back to Brazil so I'm hoping it appears soon. :-)

Cool, I hope the update is soon :)

I'd guess the issue is minor, my C-One is running PAL and NTSC cores like a champ.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:50 pm 

redrumloa wrote:
Darrin wrote:
redrumloa wrote:
@Darrin

Still no luck?

Cool, I hope the update is soon :)

I'd guess the issue is minor, my C-One is running PAL and NTSC cores like a champ.

Mine had similar issues, but it actually had a fault and has to be sent back... someday soon it should return. Holds Breath. ;)

btw, Redrum... I think I have bought stuff off of you on eBay. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:05 am 

@Darrin
Did you ever get the minimg core working on your C-One?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:18 am 

dwyloc wrote:
@Darrin
Did you ever get the minimg core working on your C-One?

Nope. Tried everything. Jens has asked me to return it to him, but I had to head to Brazil again before I had time to take the tower apart and mail it to him. I'll be home on the 2nd of May and I'll send it off then, along with the CF card I use so Jens can make sure everything works before it comes back to me.

Meanwhile I have an Indivision 4000 waiting for me to install in my A4000D and I still have to solder the extra RAM to my Minimig v1.1 (without killing it). :-)