Minimig Discussion Forum

Discussing the Open Source FPGA Amiga Project
It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:26 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: C-ONE KEYBOARD OPTIONS
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:19 pm 

As I plan to use the C-One to replace my C64/C128 too, I was wondering what options I had keyboard wise considering the strange layout of the 8bit keyboards and their extra symbols.

Searching the internet I found this product:

http://www.4keyboard.com/index.php?main ... cts_id=141

I've ordered a set of black and a set of white stickers and I'll use them to modify a couple of PS2 PC keyboards. I'll let you know how I get on.

Post subject: Re: C-ONE KEYBOARD OPTIONS
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:31 pm 

Darrin wrote:
As I plan to use the C-One to replace my C64/C128 too, I was wondering what options I had keyboard wise considering the strange layout of the 8bit keyboards and their extra symbols.

Searching the internet I found this product:

http://www.4keyboard.com/index.php?main ... cts_id=141

I've ordered a set of black and a set of white stickers and I'll use them to modify a couple of PS2 PC keyboards. I'll let you know how I get on.

I have a few sets of these stickers already, they work pretty well. I have included a photo of my keyboard with the stickers applied for your enjoyment!

I do remember that a few of the keys were not mapped to PS2 scancodes. I don't remember which ones they were at this point, and I don't have my C-One to test with right now. I think it was a couple of the keys above the arrow keys. Also, I'm pretty sure that the cursive "L" to the right of the "INS/DEL" key also didn't map or work.

This layout seems to be the best that I could find for maximum compatibility with both "C-One and Vice". I would love to hear if you find any errors or corrections to my layout. If it seems good you can use it as a reference.

It may be smart to list any keys that don't work so that the C64 core can be updated 100% compatible with the PS/2 scancodes.

Attachment:
photo.jpg
photo.jpg [ 81.79 KiB | Viewed 2798 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:46 pm 

Hahaha. this is great. I've immediately ordered 3 sets
thanks for sharing the link

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:39 pm 

RchGrav wrote:
I have a few sets of these stickers already, they work pretty well. I have included a photo of my keyboard with the stickers applied for your enjoyment!

I do remember that a few of the keys were not mapped to PS2 scancodes. I don't remember which ones they were at this point, and I don't have my C-One to test with right now. I think it was a couple of the keys above the arrow keys. Also, I'm pretty sure that the cursive "L" to the right of the "INS/DEL" key also didn't map or work.

This layout seems to be the best that I could find for maximum compatibility with both "C-One and Vice". I would love to hear if you find any errors or corrections to my layout. If it seems good you can use it as a reference.

It may be smart to list any keys that don't work so that the C64 core can be updated 100% compatible with the PS/2 scancodes.

Cheers for that. It looks better than I expected! I love seeing the old "C=" in the bottom corner and the Windoze keys replaced with a couple of skull & crossbones. :D

I'll let you know how I get on. 10 more days on the rig....

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:58 pm 

yesterday i recieved my stickers.
looks great, but i actually had some problems:
1. the stickers are for a american keyboard. on a german one some simply dont fit...
2. i did test what keys have what function:
the stickerdescription is for the vice emulator, the c-one c64 core has a different mapping!

+ , pound and restore were hard to find, so i asked peter ...
Quote:
The pound key is F9. The + you find under F10.
You are right about the restore key. This one is not available on
the keyboard (yet).

just fyi.
regards,
masterhit