Minimig Discussion Forum

Discussing the Open Source FPGA Amiga Project
It is currently Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:42 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: About 1.21 new cores..
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:57 pm
Posts: 26
Location: Italy
Darrin wrote:
Has anyone tested both the PAL and NTSC cores yet?


Just tested.
Lot of memory added! Sysinfo report it have 2MB agnus, 8MB fast and 1MB slow.. :D
Only Pal is still not working here. :roll:
The question is: Have anyone a working Pal core out there? Because it seem only Jens and Tobias succesful run Pal core..
Could be?

Ciao! :)

_________________
Amiga labels at: sites.google.com/site/retrolabels


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: About 1.21 new cores..
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:04 pm
Posts: 261
Location: Lake Charles, USA / Rio, Brazil
Well it is still 2 weeks before I get home and I can test them, but I downloaded the new cores anyway. It was a great idea to put everything into one ZIP file and include the latest versions of the cores for the Miggy, C64, VIC20 and Amstrad. It will make my life easier!

This PAL thing is very strange. Do you get any output from the C-One when booting the PAL core? Have you tried different monitors? Have you asked a Catholic priest around to your house to perform an exorcism? ;-)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: About 1.21 new cores..
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:57 pm
Posts: 26
Location: Italy
Darrin wrote:
This PAL thing is very strange. Do you get any output from the C-One when booting the PAL core? Have you tried different monitors? Have you asked a Catholic priest around to your house to perform an exorcism? ;-)


I've swapped lot of ram/monitor/cf/PSU units, but not any difference.
Simply, when I launch the pal core, screen goes black and that's all, while the NTSC core works so good.

An exorcim is my last resource, but I would make it only after someone say:"I've a pal core working!" ;)

_________________
Amiga labels at: sites.google.com/site/retrolabels


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: About 1.21 new cores..
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:04 pm
Posts: 261
Location: Lake Charles, USA / Rio, Brazil
Pikkey wrote:
I've swapped lot of ram/monitor/cf/PSU units, but not any difference.
Simply, when I launch the pal core, screen goes black and that's all, while the NTSC core works so good.

An exorcim is my last resource, but I would make it only after someone say:"I've a pal core working!" ;)


13 more days and I'll be home and I can assemble my C-One and test the cores myself.

Two questions though, my C-One had RAM flitted to 1 slot, but the other is empty. What is the difference between the slots and will I need to add RAM to the second slot before I can use the cores?

I have bought a 2GB CF card (Actually it was meant for the IDE CF Card reader I was originally going to install on a real Amiga) which should do the job. I take it that the card can be formatted as FAT32?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: About 1.21 new cores..
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:57 pm
Posts: 26
Location: Italy
Darrin wrote:
Two questions though, my C-One had RAM flitted to 1 slot, but the other is empty. What is the difference between the slots and will I need to add RAM to the second slot before I can use the cores?

I have bought a 2GB CF card (Actually it was meant for the IDE CF Card reader I was originally going to install on a real Amiga) which should do the job. I take it that the card can be formatted as FAT32?



1: SDram slot is used for "multimedia" and/or future expansions. You don't need to add some ram there, right now. (This is what I remember about..)

2: Both Fat and Fat32 should works. If any problem, try to change it. More problems could come due the brand of CF card. It seem some brand works better than others..


I forget to report, that I had to fix my extender board, because there were a defective track between a quartz and a chip. I've soldered a wire to override the problem, but this didn't fix the PAL core problem... :?

Ciao

_________________
Amiga labels at: sites.google.com/site/retrolabels


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: About 1.21 new cores..
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:00 pm
Posts: 59
Pikkey wrote:
The question is: Have anyone a working Pal core out there? Because it seem only Jens and Tobias succesful run Pal core..
Could be?
Ciao! :)


The Pal Core works succesfully for me.
Loading workbench based programmes and some games,too.
The only thing which i haven´t tested is the ntsc core.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: About 1.21 new cores..
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:57 pm
Posts: 9
Pikkey wrote:
The question is: Have anyone a working Pal core out there? Because it seem only Jens and Tobias succesful run Pal core..
Could be?
Ciao! :)


Yep. mine is working perfect. As I only have need for the pal core, i deleted the minimig ntsc core already.
the only problems i had were in the beginning with an incompatible cf card. this has been fixed.

I noticed that some amiga games wont work even though they are in the compatibility list. Well, after several tries and testing other crack versions ("Oh I love those crack thing" ;) ) I got those running too.

regards,
nils


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: About 1.21 new cores..
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:04 pm
Posts: 261
Location: Lake Charles, USA / Rio, Brazil
masterhit wrote:
I noticed that some amiga games wont work even though they are in the compatibility list. Well, after several tries and testing other crack versions ("Oh I love those crack thing" ;) ) I got those running too.

regards,
nils


Remember that the games I tested were done on a basic v1.1 Minimig using KS1.3 and 1.5MB RAM. Any changes in the RAM config, Kickstart or core code could stop the game running. This is why I want to retest those games on the C-One and record any differences on the list.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: About 1.21 new cores..
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:57 pm
Posts: 26
Location: Italy
Dirk wrote:
Pikkey wrote:
The question is: Have anyone a working Pal core out there? Because it seem only Jens and Tobias succesful run Pal core..
Could be?
Ciao! :)


The Pal Core works succesfully for me.
Loading workbench based programmes and some games,too.
The only thing which i haven´t tested is the ntsc core.


Waw, what you said is so exciting! :D
Are you sure you didn't confuse ntsc and pal cores?
Please, make a test with NTSC, and if both work, PLEASE report us all the details about:
Ram
CF card
PSU
Kickstart version

Tnx!!

_________________
Amiga labels at: sites.google.com/site/retrolabels


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: About 1.21 new cores..
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:41 pm
Posts: 166
masterhit wrote:
Pikkey wrote:
I noticed that some amiga games wont work even though they are in the compatibility list. Well, after several tries and testing other crack versions ("Oh I love those crack thing" ;) ) I got those running too.



Yes I have had the same problem with versions as well I think we need a new field for cracking group so we know which version to search for and maybe also a feild for legal download link, so if a legal working version is available we dont spend lots of time testing other versions that may not work when we could be playing a legal download that works :)

_________________
2MB Minimig with PIC
4MB Minimig with ARM Addon board


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Translated by Xaphos © 2007, 2008, 2009 phpBB.fr