Minimig Discussion Forum

Discussing the Open Source FPGA Amiga Project
It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:58 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: MINIMIG - MISSING SOUND AND BAD JOYSTICK DETECTION
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:01 pm 

xc8 wrote:
Hi,

I had the same problems. (joystick/audio).
The joystick problem it was solved when I deleted the extender.rbf file (from the root folder of the CF) and replace it with the same file that came with the C1minimigV201_build.zip As for the sound I read on the c-1 yahoo group something about needs 4 pins on the ext board. (the audio jumpers?),
Could not check this, as I have a real SID on board and IIRC some pins on the extender board must be changed....

chris

I just revisited this thread.

Thanks for those pointers. Glad I'm not alone. I'll replace the rbf file, fit a SID chip (been meaning to do that for ages and I have one ready), adjust the jumpers and cross my fingers...

Post subject: Re: MINIMIG - MISSING SOUND AND BAD JOYSTICK DETECTION
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:42 pm 

Well I've made some progress...

I inserted a SID chip (6581) taken from an old C64 that would only boot to a red screen. Unfortunately, no matter how I set the jumpers on the extender card, the C-One would refuse to boot and I would get a "drone" from the audio. Removing the chip and resetting the jumpers allowed me to boot as normal.

I added my 1.6GB ClassicWB hard file to the CF Card and had my Minimig core boot from that. Playing the WHDload games made me notice that my sound now worked perfectly! However, I still have the issue with the joystick not working correctly. I've replaced the root extender.rbf file from the minimig ZIP package (my CF card did have an older one) as you suggested, but it makes no difference.

So, I have Minimig sound, my SID chip doesn't work (might be a dead chip which explains why the C64 only booted to a red screen) and my joystick detection is still buggered.

Halfway there. :)

Anyway, I'm glad to see my WHDLoad games off my Hard File working well.

Edit: Actually, I've just noticed I left 2 jumpers off the Extender Card - the ones you're only supoosed to remove if the sound is naff with the SID fitted.