Minimig Discussion Forum

Discussing the Open Source FPGA Amiga Project
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:40 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Tested new Minimig cores v1.15 and..
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:09 pm 

:roll: I believe I've tried all the possible combinations between PSU/Monitors/Ram/CF, but PAL core doesn't want to start on my C-One.
I'll wait something else who will find out the right way to make it work, before to test something else.

In the meantime I'll enjoy the NTSC. It works great! :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:21 am 

Pikkey wrote:
:roll: I believe I've tried all the possible combinations between PSU/Monitors/Ram/CF, but PAL core doesn't want to start on my C-One.
I'll wait something else who will find out the right way to make it work, before to test something else.

Could you either update the Software List (linked to in another thread here) so show what does and doesn't work with the C-One core, or post your results here and I'll update it?

Cheers.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:03 pm 

Darrin wrote:
Pikkey wrote:

Could you either update the Software List (linked to in another thread here) so show what does and doesn't work with the C-One core, or post your results here and I'll update it?

Cheers.

I don't know if I properly understand your question.. (i'm not so able with english, as you can see)
Software list = core list? If so, I believe it change for everybody, because there is no reliable statistics about.
We can assume that starting from 1.12 cores, NTSC files work very good.
If there is problems running NTSC core, I believe is something else than the software, while if anyone have a running pal core, PLEASE TELL US! :)

Ciao

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:34 pm 

Pikkey wrote:
I don't know if I properly understand your question.. (i'm not so able with english, as you can see)
Software list = core list? If so, I believe it change for everybody, because there is no reliable statistics about.
We can assume that starting from 1.12 cores, NTSC files work very good.
If there is problems running NTSC core, I believe is something else than the software, while if anyone have a running pal core, PLEASE TELL US! :)

Ciao

That's OK - I know absolutely no Italian and your typed English is great. :D

What I mean is that we have a thread that links to these lists:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15

The software list shows what software has been tested with what cores and whether they work or not.

If you post here a list of what software you have tested on the C-One with the NTSC 1.12 core and if it works or fails then I will update the list for you.

Something like:

Quote:
Tested following games using NTSC 1.12 core with 1MB Chip, 0.5MB Fast, Kickstart 1.3,
<game name> works
<game name> works
<game name> fails, locks up after intro
<game name> works
etc

Cheers

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:41 pm 

Hi Darrin,
you know what..? I didn't test so many programs yet. :roll:
Just the workbench sets, SYSINFO utility and a couple of games, but I focused most on make PAL cores work.
Honestly I don't care if the game xxyy doesn't work, I only like to have this "magic box" that can run lots of cores.
If I want/need to run a specific software, I have a full collection of any amiga model producted.
I'm sure (and hope..) there will be no need of something like a compatibility chart.
Emulation seem to be already very good, and it will improve time by time..
Unfortunely I don't know much about coding, (almost nothing) but Tobias is working great :)
Of course , I would like to get new updates week by week , but it's something he do for free, for enjoing, and we can't pretend over.
After all when we buyed the c-one, it was declared very well it is a sort of "developer" board.

Ciao! :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:06 am 

That's OK, I'll do a list when I get home.

I like to update the list with the cores tested as it does help to identify bugs so that those working on the cores can see what is broken and attempt to fix it. Plus there are people who always want to know if "game x" works before they buy. :-)