Minimig Discussion Forum

Discussing the Open Source FPGA Amiga Project
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:43 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: *** ERROR *** No Filesystem Found
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:48 pm 

RchGrav wrote:
Jens wrote me back last night.
I'll attach it here also, as it seems to have helped some people. But that hasn't done the trick yet for me. Here you can see my current screenshot. The only difference is that the box w/ the error went away. Also, if you look closely, there seems to be some lines in the display. (Memory Issue?)

I've tried 3 different Extender files (1.11 included) that Jens sent me, but no one work for me, not even the blue screen you post on your msg, anyway it's true I hadn't the time I would to make all the tests. :roll:
Tomorrow will be a full day testing.
I'll put online the archive(s) who seems to work better for me, and its description..

Ciao

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:41 pm 

RchGrav wrote:
Jens wrote me back last night.

"We're investigating this - some people were successful removing the DIMM, and we corrected a fault in the CF routines of Minimig. Only available for PAL Minimig at the moment. However, I found another error in Newboot that might confuse the memory on the extender."

"We have isolated a total of three causes that we will fix in the coming days. Luckily, it's all cores, so you will just download the updates and fix your hardware with that :-)"

It sounds like we're waiting for another Newboot at this point. Jens attached another Extender.rbf (1.11 PAL) file to me, but I actually found it also on the Forum-64 website (German Forum).

I'll attach it here also, as it seems to have helped some people. But that hasn't done the trick yet for me. Here you can see my current screenshot. The only difference is that the box w/ the error went away. Also, if you look closely, there seems to be some lines in the display. (Memory Issue?)

I guess we need to remember that we are "betatesters" at this stage (well you are, I'm still waiting for my board... 11:42am... where's the UPS truck?).

I went through this for a while with Jaqub's beta write-enabled core. Lots of testing, sending emails about errors, new cores back, more testing, more errors, more emails. It was certainly worth the effort though.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:40 pm 

CF Card compatibility was again improved by Tobi and Jens.
Please download the latest cores from
http://www.c64upgra.de/c-one/download/m ... d_v115.zip
both, pal and ntsc are new, a lot of bugs have been fixed so far.
update all fines in the zip file, defragment the card afterwards ( <-this is a tip from c-one.net dont know if it works ;) ).
Nils

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:59 pm 

Individual Computers has received my board and should be shipping it back sometime soon.

Somehow my extender board was damaged.. On my side it was treated with the utmost of care. Its not as if it initially worked and then stopped, it just never worked from the beginning.

Here is Jens response... "The Cyclone3 FPGA is damaged, pin 44 outputs 1.5V constant, which can also be seen on the wrong colours of the pass-through picture of Newboot. I have no idea how this could have happened, as it's an output-only pin with quite a protection circuit on the C-One side."

I'm just happy that I will finally be able to get things up and running!!!

On a side note, my Acube V1.1 minimig board should be delivered tomorrow... so I'll have something to play with while I wait for my C-One back.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:51 am 

RchGrav wrote:
Individual Computers has received my board and should be shipping it back sometime soon.

Somehow my extender board was damaged.. On my side it was treated with the utmost of care. Its not as if it initially worked and then stopped, it just never worked from the beginning.

Here is Jens response... "The Cyclone3 FPGA is damaged, pin 44 outputs 1.5V constant, which can also be seen on the wrong colours of the pass-through picture of Newboot. I have no idea how this could have happened, as it's an output-only pin with quite a protection circuit on the C-One side."

I'm just happy that I will finally be able to get things up and running!!!

On a side note, my Acube V1.1 minimig board should be delivered tomorrow... so I'll have something to play with while I wait for my C-One back.

Well, at least you now know it wasn't anything you were doing. Imagine if Jens sent you a message saying "works fine here!" :lol:

Have fun with the Minimig v1.1. I get home on Saturday and then I can start playing with my C-One. I hope my extender card is OK! :o