Minimig Discussion Forum

Discussing the Open Source FPGA Amiga Project
It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 4:07 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Help DownFall only Auto starts 2 players (MIST)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:33 pm 

For some reason on my MIST system DownFall will only start as two players. It blows by the menu to select P1 or P2. As a test I tried it on my MiniMig DE1 system and it worked.

I'm running Mist firmware firmware_140410_r241.upg and MiniMig core MiniMig_20140402_r239.rbf.

DownFall
http://downfall.mikendezign.com/

Post subject: Re: Help DownFall only Auto starts 2 players (MIST)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:23 pm 

Here is an updated and better version of DOWNFALL with lots of fixes. Maybe this works also on your MIST.
http://www.leehurleyproductions.freeiz. ... rsion.html

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:32 pm 

AW72 wrote:
Here is an updated and better version of DOWNFALL with lots of fixes. Maybe this works also on your MIST.
http://www.leehurleyproductions.freeiz. ... rsion.html

Thanks, I tried your updated version but I have the same issue.
When the High Score table come up where you enter your name the first character is rapidly scrolling through the alphabet while waiting for entry. Is this normal in your version?

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 8:03 pm 

No, it`s not normal that "DOWNFALL" can only be played with 2 players. I tried this game on my Acube Minimig V1.1 (2MB Board with ARM) and there it don`t has this problem. Works normal here and i can choose if i want to play with 1 or 2 players. Pressing firebutton from joystick2 starts a one-player-game, pressing button from joystick1 a two-player-simultan-game. Highscore-saving also works and there also is no scrolling of first letter here, so i can type the name normally.

Can it be, that you started a 2-player-game and the reason that the first letter scrolls is, that you still have connected the mouse? I suppose it has to do with the mouse, because when you play this game on a real Amiga you must disconnect the mouse because you need this port for the other joystick. On the Minimig it is not necessary disconnecting mouse because it has an own port. But you also must disconnect it in this case here, otherwise the mouse-steering influences the steering of joyport1.

When you take care of this, everything with this game is like on a Amiga500. I tried this with ARM-Firmware Version 140430 and Core Version 140414 r2.