Before I take the plunge I have a few question for the pros!
1. Does Minimig support .adf write?
2. Does Minimig support .hdf write?
3. Does Minimig support long filenames saved in SD Card?
Yes, Yes and Yes. (Note that Minimig can't create a new .adf or .hdf - it can write to pre-existing ones though.)
4. Is there an SD Card size limit?
The latest firmware supports SDHC so, no, basically no limit.
5. Does Minimig support folders and sub-folders in which adf files are saved?
6. Does Minimig read .adf files at real time 1:1 or you can speed load?
Both - there's a "Floppy Turbo" option in the menus.
7. Is tere an updated list of incompatible games?
Not that I'm aware of - someone else will know that better than me.
8. When was the latest version of the core released?
Ummm.... fairly recently? Again, someone else will be able to answer that more specifically than me!
9. Where can I download the latest version?
Somewhere on this forum.
10. How many drives (DF0: DF1 DF2 etc.) are mountable?
11. Is it worth spending the extra money to get the 4MB version?
Depends whether you want anything more than an A500 substitute. If you're only going to play .adf games, then no. If you're going to do something that needs an Amiga with more than 1.5 meg of RAM then yes.
12. What about ARM?
Definitely. The ARM firmware is faster and more up-to-date.
13. Does Minimig support CRT effects? Other than normal scanlines?
No - just two strengths of the scanline effect.
14. Is there a way to connect a Minimig to a modern PAL TV (that supports 50hz of course) from VGA to HDMI or Component without conversion?
You can get a Minimig to Scart cable, which is of course analogue RGB. There's no simple route to HDMI or component.
15. Do hires resoluttions still flicker, even when using VGA output?
16. Can you enable scanlines even when outputting 15khz (for when connecting via Scart to an LCD TV)