Minimig Discussion Forum

Discussing the Open Source FPGA Amiga Project
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:53 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Minimig Compatibility Lists
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:51 am 

I've installed Dune on my workbench setup and I found that I am not able to load a saved game. Save seems to work on normal speed mode, on turbo mode when you try to save you get an error. But every time I try to load a save game Dune crashes!

Moreover after 10 or 15 minites of game I am getting the message "probleme de fichier" and I am back to workbench!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:44 am 

I will take a look at it asap, but I've never played Dune before.

The message "probleme de fichier" seems to mean "problem with file attribute" if my french translator is right. Maybe some file is write protected or don't have other required settings.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:41 pm 

It is a great game! I haven't played this game before, but I saw the movie Dune (1984 by David Lynch ) the day before yesterday, so you can understand! I will start with Dune 1 then Dune 2 both at minimig :)

I will try again today ( in a few hours ) with a fresh workbench installation and another version of Dune 1. Don't you just love the sd capabilities?

update:
Installed a clean 3.1 workbench and another version of Dune 1. Again after 15 minutes (approximately) I got the same error. Save function seems to work okay now with the turbo setting turned off. I will try again with workbench 2.1

update:
solution! I installed workbench 2.1 and the game works! Save-perfect, load-perfect, and no crash so far. So 2.1 more stable than 3.1 for a game? strange! :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:07 am 

Here are some of my experiences with different displays:

Samsung SyncMaster 753DF 4:3 17'' CRT - from memory worked OK in PAL.
IBM P275 4:3 21'' CRT - OK in PAL
Benq T2200HD 16:9 22'' LCD - Can sync at 50hz but does not display full image (portion at bottom of screen is lost).
LG 42PG20D 16:9 42'' Plasma - Only works in NTSC mode.

To get the Minimig working in PAL with the plasma I have tried the following:

VGA to video converter (cheap) - works in PAL but quality is poor.
VGA to component cable (cable only) - does not work (tanscoder needed).
Audio Authority VGA to Component Video Transcoder (9A60) - works great, excellent picture in PAL.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:14 am 

Almost normal behavior of TFT/LCD/Plasma screen.
VGA standart is at least 56Hz of screen refresh rate. Most CRT are able to synch at 50Hz :)

I also have 2 15" LCD monitor with some "lost line" at the lower screen part, in 60Hz NTSC too.

To get a PAL picture at the 42" Plasma, a VGA>Scart cable is the best way.
I made my own and it works very well on Samsung 32" LCD TV and C=1081 monitor.
In this case Scandoubler jumper need to be set at 15KHz!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:51 am 

Sadly no Scart on the LG plasma. (Scart is not widely used in Australia).

The transcoder does a great job. The downside being cost and a stretched image.

I did also try a VGA to HDMI converter but it wouldn't work at 50Hz (was OK at 60Hz)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:29 am 

These cheap joypads work with the Minimig (button 1 = button 'B', button 2 = button 'C').

And standard RS-232 DB9 cables (M -> F) work well as a cheap joystick extension cable.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:29 pm 

undertaker-tas wrote:
These cheap joypads work with the Minimig (button 1 = button 'B', button 2 = button 'C').

And standard RS-232 DB9 cables (M -> F) work well as a cheap joystick extension cable.

I've got a Panasonic 42" plasma that does PAL and NTSC via the VGA input. I haven't tried it with my newer 46" model though.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:21 am 

Greg.0 wrote:
Hello there,

Don't know if this information is interesting or not, and if this topic can be the right place :oops: :
I have successfully tested this wireless Keyboard / Mouse Pack with the minimig...

Logitech EX110

Before I have tested some Trust model that doesn't work properly. :(

Regards ;)

I Managed to find (and buy) one of these wireless keyboards/mice the other day. Thanks for the heads up. It's not getting any easier finding ps/2 stuff..

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:08 am 

Yeah. I tracked down like the only 2.4ghz PS/2 wireless optical ever made... most wireless mice that still support PS/2 are 27mhz ones that start to quit working about 6' away from the receiver.

I wanted to take the converter approach so i could just go with standard hardware. i have tried the following adapters:

Startech PS22USB PS/2 to USB Adapter- keyboard works, mouse does strange stuff. Works well with Amiga 1200 and lyra2 adapter and mouse adapter. This adapter does not work with any wireless USB mice or KB, so that makes it not so good but for me, i use it on a KVM switch with my minimig and just use a separate mouse.

MINICOM 0DT60002 PS2 TO USB CONVERTER - mouse works flawlessly on minimig but keyboard frequently misses keys or repeats making it unusable. Works perfectly with my 1200 setup (lyra2) and also works with even the most modern USB wireless mouse, wireless mouse/kb combo, and multiple mice. worth every penny (was like $90) for my 1200.

so i wish the minimig PS/2 mouse/KB was more tolerant of the protocols.

undertaker-tas wrote:
Greg.0 wrote:
Hello there,

Don't know if this information is interesting or not, and if this topic can be the right place :oops: :
I have successfully tested this wireless Keyboard / Mouse Pack with the minimig...

Logitech EX110

Before I have tested some Trust model that doesn't work properly. :(

Regards ;)

I Managed to find (and buy) one of these wireless keyboards/mice the other day. Thanks for the heads up. It's not getting any easier finding ps/2 stuff..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next