Minimig Discussion Forum

Discussing the Open Source FPGA Amiga Project
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:30 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: how your minimig and equipment looks like ?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:31 pm 

i thought it could be an interesting thing, to see how your minimig with equipment looks like. especially because there are different boards, different cases, different colors, different other hardware, selfmade projects and so on.

okay i start here with my black minimig and black equipment.

i use him with a scart-cable on my tv and normaly the minimig and all the equipment is in the big drawer under the tv and i use the joysticks with an extension-cable, of course a competition pro 8-) (by the way 2 of this sticks could also be used on a pc with an amiga-4-player-adapter, which is plugged in the pc-parallelport. you just need "pp joy" and it works perfect, much better reaction-times then the usb-variants have!)

lets see how your stuff looks like? :)

Attachments:
mein Minimig mit Zubehör p1.jpg
mein Minimig mit Zubehör p1.jpg [ 45.84 KiB | Viewed 7175 times ]
mein Minimig mit Zubehör p2.jpg
mein Minimig mit Zubehör p2.jpg [ 35.51 KiB | Viewed 7175 times ]
walking disk.gif
walking disk.gif [ 16.36 KiB | Viewed 7175 times ]

Last edited by AW72 on Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: how your minimig and equipment looks like ?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:49 pm 

My minimig, currently sitting on top of my Jaguar. :) Standard PS2 keyboard and optical mouse and Suncom Slikstik joystick. Video out currently hooked to Tview VGA/svideo converter.

Last edited by remowilliams on Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:01 pm 

My one looks like this:

Attachment:
minimig-space1.jpg
minimig-space1.jpg [ 83.25 KiB | Viewed 3285 times ]

I like native PAL vision and the CTM640 screen also provide power supply for Minimig (if on tour).
Standard mouse and keyboard is routed through an electronic KVM switch and shared with primary PC standing right beside this view.
(Joystick usually stand on top of monitors case :))

Last edited by AW72 on Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:17 pm 

boing, if i look right :shock: then i see here a "competition pro star" joystick which were produced from 1990 to 1993. i also own one of these, at the moment plugged in my c-64. this stick had the fastest autofire ever, you can shoot a complete fireline without an interruption in SILKWORM (single-shot-weapon) with that stick and even when playing as a jeep i finished the game without a trainer using that stick!!! 8-)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:01 pm 

Location: A large, overpopulated, underprotected,oversensitive place attached to scotland and wales.
Here`s mine:

Top:- Where he used to live.

Bottom:- Where he lives now :) Chrystal case next to it is a c-one.

Attachments:
File comment: How he used to be before he got new clothes.
oldmig.jpg
oldmig.jpg [ 66.92 KiB | Viewed 7146 times ]
File comment: How he is now.
Minimig.JPG
Minimig.JPG [ 127.58 KiB | Viewed 7150 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:32 pm 

AW72 wrote:
boing, if i look right :shock: then i see here a "competition pro star" joystick which were produced from 1990 to 1993.

Thats right but I can not read any "star" on it ;) It just says "Competition Pro" and do have separate auto fire button with selectable function via 3-way switch on the backside. The auto fire frequence is indeed very high and works well for many game :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:57 pm 

Here's my setup as it is now (with the lid on and everything). Nothing too special, a mini keyboard I scored at a charity shop, a basic mouse and the joystick that came with my C64 all those years ago. The red button is reset and the black menu. On the back there's two switches to select mcu/fpga serial and scanrate along with a mains switch and the keyboard and mouse ports. The dongle hangin' out of the vga socket is a little something to adapt my minimig to a custom 9 pin D type connection. I've made similar adaptors for most of my other machines.

Attachments:
miggy setup.jpg
miggy setup.jpg [ 114.74 KiB | Viewed 7132 times ]
miggy closeup.jpg
miggy closeup.jpg [ 92.84 KiB | Viewed 7132 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:07 pm 

boing4000 wrote:
Thats right but I can not read any "star" on it ;) It just says "Competition Pro" and do have separate auto fire button with selectable function via 3-way switch on the backside. The auto fire frequence is indeed very high and works well for many game :)

yes it is not written on it, but its a "star" model. in my opinion the best competition-pro-stick ever who comes out, he has 2 triangle buttons on the top, who produce autofire when pressed and at the side a constant autofire button. this i miss in the new produced competition pro but nevertheless a very cool thing from speedlink making a new edition of sticks with atari/c64/amiga connectors.

turbonut2000 - ha, your hanging minimig on the backside off the monitor is a cool idea :P what kind of white case is this here? own produced?

hojo norem - your equipment looks good (especially the minimig-case) and fits very good together. and also (like mine) everything in the same color. you should sell such cases.

and i see, you all know well about amiga games, i only see good stuff here on your monitors. alien breed, project x... ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:01 pm 

Location: A large, overpopulated, underprotected,oversensitive place attached to scotland and wales.
AW72 wrote:
turbonut2000 - ha, your hanging minimig on the backside off the monitor is a cool idea :P what kind of white case is this here? own produced?

The white Minimig is a speaker housing I drilled out. Total cost 5GBP. The Minimig circuit lies inside facing down so I just need to flip it over to get at everything :P

EDIT:
Here`s a pic. Wires you can see are power/reset>switch and fibre optics from LEDs to case top.

Attachments:
Miniturtle.JPG
Miniturtle.JPG [ 38.57 KiB | Viewed 7106 times ]

Last edited by turbonut2000 on Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:13 pm 

Hojo Norem wrote:
Here's my setup as it is now (with the lid on and everything). Nothing too special, a mini keyboard I scored at a charity shop, a basic mouse and the joystick that came with my C64 all those years ago. The red button is reset and the black menu. On the back there's two switches to select mcu/fpga serial and scanrate along with a mains switch and the keyboard and mouse ports. The dongle hangin' out of the vga socket is a little something to adapt my minimig to a custom 9 pin D type connection. I've made similar adaptors for most of my other machines.

I REALLY like what you did with making your case!! Nice Job!

Explain what you did with that power supply over on the left. Is that an AC -> DC PS? What kind of power cord?