Minimig Discussion Forum

Discussing the Open Source FPGA Amiga Project
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:06 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37
 Post subject: Re: write here about software which makes problems until now
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:47 pm 

AW72 wrote:
(3) In the game "Speedball 2" is a very small sound-incompatibility. Always when the ball is shot out in the playfield by the machine (for example after a goal when the game starts again, or at the beginning of a match) there is an error in the soundeffect. On the Minimig this soundsample when the ball is shot out, can not be heard completely, half of it is missing. Only a small "bug" that don`t influence the gameplay at all, but persons who play this game often, will recognize it.

At least this one can be temporarily fixed by entering and exiting the AR3 once or multiple times at gameplay.
Mostly it will correct the very little timing mismatch of the Core and the sample is played completely.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:56 am 

boing4000 wrote:
At least this one can be temporarily fixed by entering and exiting the AR3 once or multiple times at gameplay.
Mostly it will correct the very little timing mismatch of the Core and the sample is played completely.

Okay. Now i can remember about this thing. There was written in the past about this "Speedball 2" sample-problem in the forum and that the AR3 can help here temporarily. Can not find this entry anymore, but i remember shadowy now.

This is better than nothing, because i play "Speedball 2" often. Must try this out and look, how often it is necessary to enter the AR3 while the game runs. When one time at the beginning is enough, than it`s okay. But when it`s necessary to enter the AR3 before every single match, than it would be bad.

"Speedball 2" is such a great game, hopefully this little bug can be fixed in the future. Like other sample-problems, for example in "Gods", was fixed. But i suppose, it`s a kind of different problem here, than the hightone-sound in the jump-sample in "Gods" was.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:45 pm 

AW72 wrote:
This is better than nothing, because i play "Speedball 2" often. Must try this out and look, how often it is necessary to enter the AR3 while the game runs. When one time at the beginning is enough, than it`s okay. But when it`s necessary to enter the AR3 before every single match, than it would be bad.

If once fixed, it will stay the whole time of this game.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 10:02 pm 

I watched demos on my Minimig V1-board today for one hour and found a new incompatibility.

After the six points mentioned before in this thread, this then is "last remaining bug" number seven.

(7) In the "Smooth Copper" part of the demo "Cool Fridge" from Upfront

http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=1467

the Minimig shows graphic-garbage and the whole screen wobbles so strong, that even the Minimig-Menü is hard to enter, because it also totally wobbles. :)

When i look this part on my Amiga500, it works normally. Here in this Youtube-Video you can also see, how it should run. The "Smooth Copper" Demopart start at Minute 11:30 and the problematic effect start at 11:46 in the Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhVsVjNIqSU

First the upper big Logo is visible. To this point it also works normally on Minimig, but then, the color-effect should start and here the problems on the Minimig starts. Tried different settings (Chipsets/Kickstarts/Memory), but it don`t help here.

Also my older WinUAE Version shows some errors in this demo-part and i found this info from TONI WILEN in the internet about this demo:

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=70736&page=3

(look at TONIS entry from "14 September 2013, 10:27") where he wrote:
"""...the most ugliest and weirdest way to synchronize CPU to display.."""

I suppose, in newest WinUAE versions the demo runs like it should. Maybe the infos on the linked side, can also help in solving the problem the Minimig has with this demo.

ADDENDUM on 23. Mai 2016:
It´s confirmed now, that even with newest WinUAE version, this "Smooth Copper" part of the demo makes problems. So this don`t work perfect on software-emulators and also not on FPGA products until now.

ADDENDUM on 08. October 2016:
Toni Wilen has now finally fixed this "Smooth Copper" demo-part in "WinUAE 3.4.0 beta 1".
Apart lots of other things, there is written in the readme:
"""Added hack that fixes Smooth Copper part in demo Coolfridge / Upfront."""
So this runs now like it should in WinUAE. On Minimig it still makes problems.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 2:57 am 

I found one demo more, that shows two incompatibilities (graphic-errors) on the Minimig.

(8) It`s the demo "Deformations" from the group "Deform"
http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=51805

Here a video how it looks on a real Amiga500:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN3JkL6nhKU

On the Minimig are these two problems:

- graphic-errors in the effect, that you see in the video from minute 1:02 when the white block in the middle of the screen, starts to twist and stretch

- graphic-errors in the Terminator-picture, that can be seen in the video from minute 1:41. This picture then starts to turn around and on the Minimig are some black stripes through this pic and also some other graphic-garbage that should not be there

If anybody wants to download this demo from the Pouet.net link above, take care to download the "adf fixed version", because the normal adf seems to hang in the middle of the demo. It`s a great demo by the way, especially i like the outro with the song from "Talk Talk".

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37