Minimig Discussion Forum

Discussing the Open Source FPGA Amiga Project
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:24 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: FPGA ARCADE
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:13 pm 

There's another board in development:

http://www.fpgaarcade.com/

This board plans to recreate a number of machines and to have various daughter cards available including an Amiga/ST card. This is still work in progress, but it seems to be advancing nicely and is worth keeping an eye on.

Post subject: Re: FPGA ARCADE
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:26 pm 

this would be fantastic, when it comes true. arcade-games like dig dug, phoenix, zaxxon, double dragon, golden axe, don pachi, bust a move, mr do, mr do vs unicorns and so many other superb games are a cool thing to bring on a fpga !!! that`s also interesting in that way, that there are so many different arcade-boards with so many different hardware. great would be, when games like "sega rally" or other newer games also would run.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:28 am 

Has anyone got an idea when the release date is for this board, or is it even coming out now?
Theres absolutely no details of when or a price or anything :(

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:37 am 

It's still in development.
Have a look at the constructors site, www.fpgaarcade.com

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:13 pm 

This board will be a really good hardware !
Like we can see with recent news and posts about the Amiga-minimig AGA core !

Imagine that all platforms will be available on it... With original hardware architecture and improvement !

Great work Mike & Yaqube !

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:06 am 

Minimig AGA on Replay FPGA board
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn4ZzLH6MpE

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:13 am 

DROOLS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Imagine this (and I can imagine a few people vomiting from the thought), running Atari ST too :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:08 am 

I am actually really looking forward to the ST image. I never owned one, and I'm ready to have one.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:34 am 

Belial6 wrote:
I am actually really looking forward to the ST image. I never owned one, and I'm ready to have one.

Going back to what MikeJ said on his page back in March 2009.

Quote:
The Replay board is going to be available to buy, as soon as possible. Price is not totally fixed, but we are aiming for (much) less than 200Euro hopefully. The FPGA is a Spartan3e and is around 3 to 4 times the size of the one on the MiniMig board. It has 32MByte of RAM on board as well.

The board will support all the games on this site, as well as my Atari ST core and a customized and supported MiniMig Amiga core. Other platforms such as BBC B, Commodore 64 and Spectrum will also follow shortly.

The board has an ARM processor which interfaces the FPGA to the SD card. Hard disk images, ROMs and floppy disk images can be used from the SD card.

There are two expansion boards, one with TV out and some rear mounted connectors for the joysticks (fits in a mini-itx case), and a second board with a prototyping array. There are around 130 pins available on the expansion connector.

The board has DVI and Analogue out. The DVI connector can be used to drive a HDMI input of a flat screen TV, so you can play PacMan on the big screen. I am planning to do Asteroids in true 1080P :) The analogue audio output uses a very hi quality Wolfson DAC.

So to highlight the key text, for you..., The Replay board will support all his games on the site (Pacman, Galaga, Asteroids), as well as ATARI ST, Minimig (Now with Yaqube's AGA core), BBC, C64 and Spectrum to name a few.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:10 am 

Would be incredibly great if this board also could be sold as a preassembled item in a box, for us (me) who are afraid of wrecking the thing putting it together.. !

Tested and ready to run ! In a case :-) Maybe AmigaKit could do that ? They already have sold some MiniMigs.
Or GGS-data in Sweden for us Scandinavians !

Ofcourse I know this is early days and no commercial retail product, but software stuff I can handle,
its hardware stuff (and ruining stuff with static discharges .. etc I always worry about .. )
(Although I have assembled a few lowend PCs i still feel I have ten thumbs at times ..)

Peace out :-)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next