Minimig Discussion Forum

Discussing the Open Source FPGA Amiga Project
It is currently Tue May 23, 2017 6:47 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Pics of my done MiniMig Project
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:38 pm 

Hi,

I finally got around to mount my MiniMig ITX V2 board inside a newly aquired 18x18x5 cm MiniITX bought from China for just $35. It's in metal and has the Amiga beige color. The front has a pulse-button which is used to access the OnScreen menu of the MiniMig. The button is also equipped with an internal diode which acts as the Drive Led (or can be the power-led -- you just swap the connector inside as you like :).

I made a small board from a veroboard with a separate SD card reader I stole from another cardreader I had (no time to go to the store an buy a new one, hehe). This i mounted to the bacside and connects to the board with connector (10 pin). I had to "manufacture" a bezel for the backside from a plastic-cover I found. Not too fancy, and I made all the holes with a soldering iron -- had to tool where I was at the moment, so the iron had to suffer a little, but it turned out okay-ish. It does the job. I have some sheets of plexiglass I could use but it was too thick for this project. I needed 2mm.

PS! I have turned the on/off button in the front around now so it is not upside down any more as you see in the pic ;-)
Just one of those annoying details which I could not bare to look at hehe...

The backside has all the usual outputs.

Case itself i 18x18 cm and the board it 17x17 so it's just room for the board. I like this case as it has no cdrom drive or anything which is left unused.

I have included some pics here to show how it's is. The board runs the Red Sector Megademo...as you all might see ;-)

Attachments:
inside2.JPG
inside2.JPG [ 92.46 KiB | Viewed 11206 times ]
inside1.JPG
inside1.JPG [ 96.53 KiB | Viewed 11206 times ]
Oversikt.jpg
Oversikt.jpg [ 94.15 KiB | Viewed 11206 times ]

Post subject: Re: Pics of my done MiniMig Project
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:27 pm 

A bit too big for my taste but nice boxing :)

I hope the long sd-card wire will not produce any SPI data loss.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:08 am 

It works very nice :) However, I have tried a few games now which fails. This might be because of other causes but i did not get
project-X to work. Might be I have to use another version. I hope the sd-card cable prove to itch the timings :roll:

In your opinion, how large percentage of the games for A500 actaully do work on the minimig ? Is it like "nearly everything works" or are
there many which doesn't work ? (I am gonna sell my minimig now -- when it's done, the fun is gone..ehhe...i need a replay board now).

Espen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:35 pm 

espskog wrote:
This might be because of other causes but i did not get project-X to work.

In your opinion, how large percentage of the games for A500 actaully do work on the minimig ? Is it like "nearly everything works" or are

Project-X (cr-ministry) works fine with current PIC/ARM and FPGA release YB091224 (my upon based releases too).
Sure it may depend on the available version.

To me almost all game work, there is only a very few title showing problems. Unreal is one of them.
Perhaps compare this non working games to direct inserted memory card and unpluged extension cable.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:39 am 

I am going to seel this thing now that it is done. So I think I will test some games that are supposed to work, and some who ain't and compare them with the internal and the external cardreader. My guess is that it will work nice. I think that if I would see problems, they would also emerge during bootup from the sd card. I guess dipping the soldering iron in my uranium and platina mixed with a hiomebrew mix of thorium and caviar really does the trick when it comes to conductivity :D

I can't wait to get my hands on the rev.b of the replay card. This is really something I think will kick ass. I have a 66mhz 060 cpu in a apollo 060-66 mhz axx for a4000 which i am not sure what to do with -- so i will take the 060 cpu and use in the 060-cpu adaptercard which yaqube hopefully will start selling :) If the replayboard also gets pinouts for USB ports, we can maybe use poseidon somehow to access it. That would leave ut with a mega.kick-ass setup. A real sweet machine to replace the classics :-)

Happy Easter.

//Espen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:11 pm 

espskog wrote:
I can't wait to get my hands on the rev.b of the replay card. This is really something I think will kick ass. I have a 66mhz 060 cpu in a apollo 060-66 mhz axx for a4000 which i am not sure what to do with -- so i will take the 060 cpu and use in the 060-cpu adaptercard which yaqube hopefully will start selling :) If the replayboard also gets pinouts for USB ports, we can maybe use poseidon somehow to access it. That would leave ut with a mega.kick-ass setup. A real sweet machine to replace the classics :-)

What on earth is a 'replay card'?! I have Googled but I found nothing which matches your description..

Ross..

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:34 am 

rossv wrote:
espskog wrote:

What on earth is a 'replay card'?! I have Googled but I found nothing which matches your description..

Ross..

FPGA arcade replay board I believe. See posts elsewhere on forum :-)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:06 am 

So --- anyone here interested in buying a fully boxed minimig in a MiniITX 17x17cm box ? This baby has
all slots on the back and is fully MiniITX compatible (use any cabinet you want) compared to the original
MiniMig board.

This version also has VGA out *PLUS* S-Video and Composite output. It also has a power-safety circuit
compared to the original MiniMig board. You can feed this board with DC ranging from about 7 to 16 volts
without problems. The board has a jumper so you can switch between VGA out or S-Video/Composite output
in order for it to operate on any TV/LCD/Projector you want...or you old 1084 monitor for that retro-feeling :)

Send me a PM if you're interested...

Regs
Espen

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:22 am 

BUMP!

It's for sale over at Amiga.org in the marketplace section.